March 18, 2014

"My Love From Another Star" Makeup & Fashion


Besides the perfection that is Kim Soo Hyun, a witty, fast-paced script (the ending sucked tho :P), and the abundance of hilarious meta-jokes - one of highlights from this hit K-drama, "My Love From Another Star" has defintely been Jun Ji Hyun's amazing wardrobe and makeup!

I stumbled across a few blogs that listed a lot of the makeup and clothes that JJH - or shall we say Cheon Song Yi - wore in the k-drama and thought it'd be fun to compile a post with ya know, all her makeup/clothes etc. so we can all pretend we could look remotely like JJH just by dabbing on a little makeup and changing our clothes.

So yeah....go be amazed by the things I do in my spare time....


MAKEUP (mostly lipstick ehe)
So makeup first, this is all compiled from the comments from this Dramabeans postYunna Fashion Diary, and Style Influence.

All credits go to Dramabeans (ilikemangos/star) /Yunna Fashion Diary / Style Influence.
I just compiled the list and added the screenshots of JJH wearing the color where I could.

That said. Omg. Please don't steal this graphic. I know the graphic design sucks
(my contacts were peeling off my eyes, I swear),
but I friggin went through hell and high water looking for some of these godd*mn screencaps.
So yeah. If you wanna post it elsewhere, please credit+link.
Thanks :)


Da Masta List:

  • IOPE Water Fit Lipstick in #44 Forever Pink
  • IOPE Water Fit Lipstick in #23 Violet Pink
  • IOPE Color Fit Lipstick in #18 Classic Red 
  • Son & Park Lip Crayon in Sugar Tint
  • IOPE Color Fit Lipstick in #17 Cherry Blossom
  • YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in #52 Rosy Coral 
  • YSL Gloss Volupte N° 19 Rose Orfèvre (more pics)
  • Laneige Serum Intense Lipstick in YR25 Neon Orange
  • YSL Vernis à Lèvres Rebel Nudes in #105 Corail Holdup
  • YSL Gloss Volupte Lip Gloss in #203 Corail Gandoura

Notes about some the lipsticks+some lipsticks that were not shown above:
  1. YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #52 Rosy Coral*
  2. IOPE Water Fit Lipstick in #44 Forever Pink*
  3. YSL Gloss Volupte in #202 Rose Jersey
  4. YSL Gloss Volupte in #203 Corail Gondoura*
  5. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in #57 Pink Rhapsody
  6. Forencos Romantic Scandal #517
* = shown in graphic above.

Notes from the commenter Star on Dramabeans:
On top of #1 & #2 she used the glosses #3 & #4 I believe. If there are those only looking to get the glosses #3 & #4 they are very light. You won’t see much color. But if you pair them with lipsticks the gloss color deepens and also intensifies the lipstick color.
Source: Style Influence
Eye makeup....
  • IOPE Perfection Mascara
  • Forencos Longlasting 14 Waterproof Eyeliner No. 1
As for her overall makeup look, it's obvious they kept the eye makeup nearly minimal/natural, her eyebrows lush and rather natural (vs overly sculpted), her foundation dewey (almost too dewey imho), and used her lips as the makeup focus.  I rarely, if ever, saw blush on her.  I think her makeup look is actually pretty easy to apply, it just looks so fabulous cuz well, it's JJH's face.

FASHION

Source: Soompi

My eyes are about to fall out so let's keep this section short and sweet:
  • Beatus Corner: check out the fashion from Ep 13, Ep 17, Ep 18, Ep 20, and Ep 21
  • Korean Drama Fashion: Go through their Fashion Review posts - they practically do every episode and list the actual brands she wore.  A nice time killer for when you want to feel exceptionally poor ;)
  • Soompi: and of course, Soompi. They list the brands of a couple of the highlight items she wears by episode.  They don't list cost or the item specific name though.

And that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed :)

My god, the things I do in my spare time.... Time to go find my contacts in the Saharan desert that are my eyeballs.

6 comments

  1. I bought the Laneige lipstick in another color at the recommendation of the Amore Pacific store girl and the formula totally sucks =( It starts fading after like 10 minutes and drying my lips out. >...< This is so detailed, I know how much effort it takes to make collages so thank you for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty intense investigation job. Thank you for the info! I might have to try one of those IOPE Water Fit Lipsticks. They look really nice ^_^ Well, everything looks really nice on JJH. She's sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ending totally sucked! -_- Love the list! I want to try the water fit lipsticks now. They look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m a fan of Jun Ji Hyun, #17 Cherry Blossom made her look simply hot!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your still looking for #52 Rouge Pur Couture, Bergdorf Goodman just received it and have free groung shipping in the USA. Don't wait! 212-872-8654

    ReplyDelete